Scholarship in Canada. Study In Canada.Canada is the most popular destinations for the students who want to complete their academic degree. With this opportunity Canada is also known for his beauty.The country is very scenic and diverse.The country has beautiful national parks and reserves, immense wildlife, hilltops, coastlines, and other magnificent wonders of nature.After all, there are very few of us who haven’t heard of the renowned Niagara Falls, it is in Canada.
In Bangladesh there are a lot of student who want to complete their study abroad. Even though they are interested to study in Canada. After completing their HSC/ Graduation most of the student apply in different college or university in Canada.For the last 8 to 10 years, Bangladeshi students have been shifted to various educational institutions in Canada to pursue higher education.However, due to the varied weather, Bangladeshi students find it a little difficult to adapt to the Canadian climate at first.
Study in Canada
Education Facilities In Canada
Canada offers excellent and higher quality educational services for the student home and abroad. United States and other Commonwealth universities. In addition, there is the opportunity to obtain Canadian citizenship while studying.
Most Popular Educational Destinations
Canada is the first choice for the students who are looking for various vocational courses. It affords more jobs compared to degree courses. It is important to note that owing to the country’s low population density, Canada welcomes potential immigrants and offers them a vast scope of employment opportunities. Postgraduate diplomas in fields like Business Management, Computer Science, Hospitality, Engineering and Media are in high demand at the moment.
Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) is the well known government organization in Canada , operating others educational institutions and make sure that all the institutions giving their best services and offers opportunity to the students.
Some of Canada’s best colleges can be found in Toronto, Montreal and British Columbia. McGill University, University of Toronto, Simon Fraser University, University of Alberta and The University of British Columbia are very popular among those who seek to attain a full-time academic degree. Others post graduate diploma courses like Business Management, Hospitality, Computer Engineering and Media studies are high in demand.
Language of study
Both English and French can be studied at almost all Canadian universities. However, you have to contact the university in advance about the language you want to study and you have sufficient proficiency in the relevant language. At the beginning of admission, various online tests are required to test the proficiency in the language. For example, most of the universities have to get a minimum of 79 in the TOEFL 120 marks examination. But it is better to get more than 100 marks. Also business students have to get good scores in GMAT test.
Education system In Canada
In Canada, a student can study in two ways if he / she wishes. There are undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral, PhD courses in full time or part time study. The universities here also have many more courses and methods like Co-operative Education, Distance Learning, Continuing Education and Student Exchange Program.There are workshops and counseling facilities for enhancing teaching skills and various scholarships are offered for financial assistance.
Study Courses Offers in Canada
You can read about 10,000 subjects at undergraduate level including Computer Science, Biology, Physics, Chemistry,Food Science, Construction and Resources, Medical Science and Services, Marine Affairs, Agriculture, Economics, Applied Computer Science, Information Management, Aerospace Engineering, Astronomy, Applied Geography, Architectural Science, Civil Engineering,Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Environmental Health, Business Administration, Education , Home Economics, Music, Philosophy, History and religion, English, law and theater and about three thousand subjects at postgraduate level.
Get Admitted in Canada
For Canadian universities the academic year started in September and end in May. But there are a few universities that have January intakes (winter session). Canadian colleges.So usually have 3 intakes annually – September, January and May. It is best to start the application process for admission in September or January semester eight months before.
Steps of Admission Process
- Explore university and course options.
- Contact the shortlisted institutes for relevant information.
- Register for and take the requisite entrance exams (IELTS/PTE/GMAT/SAT/GRE, etc.).
- Write your Statement of Purpose (SOP).
- Acquire the Letters of Recommendation (LOR).
- Begin applications.
- Partake in video/phone interviews.
- Once accepted by an institution, start applying for your visa.
Some Important Website about studies in Canada
- Canadian University Study Related Information Website: https://www.univcan.ca/
- University of Ontario Province Canada Admission Website: https://www.ouac.on.ca/
- Student Related Government Website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada.html.
- Others Important Website : https://www.studyincanada.com/ এবং http://immigrationandsettlement.org/
Most Famous Three Scholarship Program In Canada
Vanier Canada Graduate Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS)
- Each year, the Canadian government offers a total of 167 scholarships, and at any given time, there are about 500 students at various Canadian institutions, including Vanier Scholarships for their PhD programs.You must first enroll in a PhD program at a Canadian university.
- The scholarship amounts to about 50,000 Canadian dollars a year, which is awarded for up to three years of the PhD program. Academic excellence, research potential, and leadership qualities are all evaluated equally to qualify.Candidates must be nominated by the Canadian institution they want to study at.
- About 200 students each year receive scholarships to study at the University of Toronto, the University of British Columbia, the University of Waterloo, the University of Alberta, and about 100 students at other institutions.
Application Deadline: Between July and November, the applicants have to select the institution and prepare and submit the application form. Nominations must be submitted to the Vanier CGS program within this period.
International Master’s and Doctoral Student Awards at the University of Waterloo
- The scholarship is $ 2,045 per semester for the Masters program for two years and $ 4,049 per semester for the PhD program for three years.
- The biggest scholarship opportunities for international students are the International Masters and Doctoral Student Awards at the University of Waterloo. Students eligible for this scholarship must be enrolled full-time in the research-based postgraduate degree programs at the University of Waterloo and must have a valid Canadian study permit.
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS)
- The OGS program is funded by the provincial government to encourage postgraduate research at the Masters and Doctorate levels. The key to this scholarship is that it costs $ 15,000 a year. The minimum scholarship can be up to two semesters. To qualify for this scholarship, an international student must stay in Ontario with a study permit.
Academic Excellence, with a weight of 30-50% and based on academic marks, competitive scholarships, prizes and honors. Research Ability and Potential in Program is determined by study, conference, presentation and originality.
Communication and Leadership Ability, its weight is less than 0-20 percent and it considers relevant volunteer, leadership and academic work experience.
Documents Needed For Application
The required documents for applying are as follows:
- Copies of SSC and HSC or O Level and A level certificates.
- Bachelor’s degrees (for postgraduate applicants).
- Two Letters of recommendation (this may be academic or professional).
- Statement of Purpose.
- Scoresheet of English language test (IELTS/PTE/TOEFL).
- Portfolio (if applicable).
- Proof of funds.
- Medical tests.
- Any other documents stated specifically by the university of choice.
About English Test
To study in abroad English test is essential for the students. The most popular is IELTS exam.The minimum score for undergraduate applicants is 6.0 (with no band less than 5.5) and postgraduate applicants 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0) and GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) and PTE (Pearson Tests of English) are pretty standard alternatives to IELTS.
Scholarship and Visa Processing
Immigration and Settlement volunteers have been working in Canada for a long time with scholarships, student visas and immigration. It is also possible to get free help from the Immigration and Settlement website and Facebook group, which is known as a completely non-profit activity.
Scholarship Program In Canada
In light of the experience, it is difficult to get a scholarship in Canada compared to the United States. But how is it possible to get this scholarship from Bangladesh?First, shortlist one or more universities and subjects of your choice. Generally, good subjects from a good university have admission opportunities for international students in the fall (September) session.
Suppose someone wants to be admitted in the result semester of 2020. From October 2017, the universities have launched an online portal for admission applications. Must apply by December or January of the following year. Therefore, it is better to apply as soon as possible without delay. Check out the application requirements, language skills, deadlines, etc. from the Prospective Students section of the shortlisted universities website.
Get good scores in Academic IELTS or TOEFL. Some universities require GMAT / GRE etc. scores in the subject.
Two or three good references are required to get funding / scholarships etc. in research-based Masters or PhD programs.
There are many research programs that require publication. In other words, if there is a publication as a first-author of a reputed journal or article, it is an advantage to get funding or scholarship. ‘First-author’ means that there may be other authors in a journal or article. But your name will be there first.
It is also important to create an international standard resume, cover letter and SOP (Statement of Purpose) for the application.
Costs and Expenses in Canada
Before applying to any university, you can mail the professors of the subject of your choice with an updated resume. Express your interest in the email. Briefly state what you would like to do research on, what works of that professor have fascinated you, and so on.
More to the point, the overall cost comes down to which university you’ll be attending, where you’ll be living and the kind of social activities you’ll be participating in. Other than the tuition fees, the following are where your money will be spent:
- Food and groceries.
- Bills (Utilities including phone, electricity, water and heating).
- Airfare to and from your country of origin.
- Other optional expenses (this may include eating out, travel, car rent, etc.).
- The tuition fees for undergraduate students range from CAD $10,000 – $30,000 annually, while postgraduate studies will cost you approximately CAD $15,000 – $55,000 every year. Additionally, based on where you stay, living expenses can range from approximately CAD $8,000 – $15,000 per year.
If you want to study self-finance in Canada
Many of those who are able to come to Canada to study self-finance are interested in applying for permanent residency in Canada after graduation. Many people think that it is possible to come to Canada without IELTS. Various agencies may offer visas in exchange for money.
But after coming to Canada without IELTS, you have to take admission in English language course. Many agencies may promise to offer, offer letters from colleges or universities that a student needs to look for before visiting.
- Whether the courses of those colleges or universities will be of any use later.
- Whether a work permit can be obtained after landing in Canada.
- Or whether you can apply for permanent residency after completing that course.
- Again, in a small town in Canada, there are actually fewer job opportunities on a student visa. Many are wondering if they will move to a college or university in a big city like Toronto. It is also important to look for opportunities to change colleges or universities.
- How long will the visa be valid etc.
It is possible to continue studying in Canada only with a scholarship. Many work extra to support their families or to pay off their debts, which can be detrimental to their studies. Just as there are opportunities to study in Canada from Bangladesh, students need to know the necessary information well before coming to Canada.Agencies and brokers are interested in taking money by processing paper. But a student needs to find the right information and make the right decision about coming to Canada.
For Further information visit our website www.resultbdnews.com.